ACCOMPLISHMENTS DURING PAST 3 YEARS:
We created the Emerald City Chamber Music Organization (ECCHO) program in 2016. Today we bring in-school chamber music coaching by the Skyros Quartet to middle and high schools in 3 school districts. The Tuned In! Summer Student Festival expanded and relocated to the Seattle Waldorf School campus in Magnuson Park. Inspired artistic direction by the Skyros Quartet and collaboration with the Seattle Chamber Music Society have established Tuned In! as a fun, intensive summer camp for youth ages 12-24.
In 2018, CMM established a NEW one-day chamber workshop, called the Day of Madness. Participants especially appreciate the tutorials about ensemble rehearsal techniques presented by the Skyros Quartet. This year, Day of Madness fulfilled one of our long-term goals: to bring youth and adult musicians together for the enjoyment and exploration of chamber music.
WITH YOUR SUPPORT CMM WAS ABLE TO:
- Grant all requests for student financial aid. No student was turned away from any of our youth programs for lack of funds
- Fund 80% of ECCHO program costs. Many middle and high schools in King and Snohomish counties cannot afford music enrichment
- Fund a Student Intern at Tuned In! 2019
- Provide reduced tuition for two Volunteer Assistants at the Icicle Creek Adult Weekend Retreat in 2018 and 2019
HIGHLIGHTS FROM 2019:
- In May our fundraiser brunch, “A Little Water Music,” at Ray’s Boathouse was a HUGE success, with KING FM’s Lisa Bergman as host and musical entertainment by the Skyros Quartet
- Ensembles from 5 schools performed works from Bach to Shostakovich at the Spring ECCHO Recital
- Tuned In! featured a master class by Seattle Chamber Music Society violinist Alexander Kerr and a fiddle class by Brandon Vance.
- Premeditated Strings Orchestra performed Leoš Janáček “Suite for Strings” conducted
by Dell Wade in July
- The Icicle Creek Adult Weekend Retreat in September was our biggest ever, with 42 participants and 6 coaches. The Leavenworth fall scenery was a perfect backdrop for this event
- In March and October, novice and experienced players of many ages enjoyed a full day of playing chamber music at the Day of Madness workshops
2018 Annual Income
2018 Annual Expenses
GOALS FOR 2020:
- Expand our youth chamber music education programs: double the number of schools in ECCHO, increase enrollment in Tuned In!, and recruit more underserved youth
- Welcome more adult amateur players to our chamber music workshops and retreats
- Add two new members with development and financial expertise to our Board of Directors